Friday, November 11, 2011

CLAMP made me cry again!

For those of you not in the know, CLAMP is a very prolific and successful group of mangaka (manga writers and artists) whose works include titles like Cardcaptor Sakura, xxxHolic, Magic Knight Rayearth, and on, and on, and on...

The latest anime adaptation of one of their works is the heart-warming Kobato. At first I was worried that it was going to be a bit too light for me, saying that it was about a girl who has come to heal people's broken hearts (*puke*). I mean seriously, I'm still surprised I picked it up with a description like that. Despite the trite and familiar synopsis, my love for CLAMP's work won out, and the purchase was made.

Thank the heavens for my devotion to CLAMP! Yes, at times it was sickeningly sweet, and many of the usual tropes were there, but dag-nabbit if I wasn't completely hooked! I thought I knew where it was going, and for some aspects I was right on, but for others, I was thrown for a loop. By the end of it, I was crying buckets! I wish there was more!

I guess I'll just have to wait for the manga to arrive at the end of the year... :(

Next time, I'll tell you about my Berserk experience! Whoa!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment